Sean Arnold has had a number of roles in his life from construction worker to actor to musician to salesman to bartender to tv news crew and a number of things in between. Now his main roles are as a dedicated father of two bright and rambunctious boys and husband to a determined Brazilian woman. He is also a special educator and STEM Coach who has taught in New York City’s District 75 citywide special needs program since 2005.
He is committed to reaching ALL students by using innovating technology and practices.
Caution-obligatory disclaimer: THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS SITE BELONG TO SEAN AND ARE NOT REFLECTIVE OF HIS EMPLOYER.
Despite it being somewhat antithetical to his introverted personality, Sean wants to share his experience and expertise at making learning accessible, inventive, and playful. Yes, over 10 years of student challenges, bureaucratic struggles, and social awkwardness have not stymied his spirit to change what he views as a system in dire need of improvement. He presents these ideas at professional development opportunities and conferences to any educational change agents that would hear it. And now, spurred on by other innovative educators, he presents them here.
- NYCDOE Excellence in School Technology Award
- Apple Distinguished Educator
- Google Certified Educator (1 & 2) & Administrator
- Microsoft Innovative Educator
- SMART Exemplary Educator
- BrainPop Certified Educator
- Classcraft Ambassador
- Minecraft Education Mentor
- Common Sense Education EdTech Mentor
- Code.org Certified Coding Instructor
- Codesters Master Coding Instructor
- PBS Learning Media Digital Innovator
- Mozilla Web Literacy Leader
- Soundtrap Certified Educator
- Amazon Education Teacher Innovator